The Polish Library in Washington was founded in 1991 by a group of volunteers led by Tadeusz Walendowski. The aim is to serve local Polish community and also to promote Polish culture to a wider audience. In addition to lending books and films, the Library is involved in many activities, including film screenings, lectures and concerts.
The Polish Library in Washington is operated exclusively by volunteers and governed by a council elected annually at a general meeting of members from themselves. The current council consists of the following members:
Krzysztof Sąsiadek - president
Anna Firsowicz - treasurer
The Polish Library in Washington is located near the Dupont Circle metro station (on Metro Red line) at:
The Polish Library in Washington DC has completed the Class of 1926 project. Our goal was to digitalize all volumes of Polish Declarations of Admiration and Friendship for the United States, which are archived in the Manuscript Division of the US Library of Congress, and make them available online. The Project was funded through grants, private donations, and the work of volunteers.